Women in Trades Scholarship
Applications Close: June 15, 2021
Recipients Announced: August 30, 2021
This scholarship program is designed to:
- Encourage and assist women in obtaining post-secondary
industrial trades education.
- Support capacity-building by helping to increase the number of women professionals in the communities where we operate, aligned with our goal to have 40 per cent women in the workplace by 2030.
- Increase the number of female role models in our communities, by showcasing successful women in trades through this program.
On an annual basis, TransAlta will offer scholarship awards of up to $3,000 for eligible students entering post-secondary trade programs
on a full-time basis.
2021 applications open May 1, with a deadline of June 15.
Applications Open May 1, 2021.
meet the following criteria:
- You identify as a woman;
- You are a Canadian, Australian or American citizen or permanent resident;
- You are enrolled in a full-time, post-secondary trades program and
must maintain satisfactory academic standing throughout your program;
- You have a plan for achieving your education and career goals;
- You commit to updating TransAlta on your progress throughout
the duration of your studies; and
- You complete and provide the information as requested by TransAlta.
consider the following criteria:
- Applicant is enrolled in a program of study that support TransAlta’s operations;
- Applicant had sufficient academic success and career goals;
- Applicant is currently a student/intern at TransAlta;
- Applicant is a dependent of a TransAlta employee;
- Applicant has a history of community and volunteer participation; and
- Contents of applicant’s essay.
- Their academic and career goals;
- Information on their current or past community involvement and
volunteerism, including any leadership roles;
- How they plan to use their education to give back to women in the community;
- How they plan to keep TransAlta informed of their progress in school; and
- Why they should be the recipient of the scholarship.