TransAlta is committed to protecting our people, the public, the environment and the company’s physical assets. Meeting this commitment is a corporate responsibility for TransAlta and the personal responsibility of each employee and contractor working on TransAlta’s behalf. Safe, reliable and incident-free operations are critical to our success.
We believe that:
- All incidents are preventable.
- No job is so urgent that it cannot be planned and executed safely.
- Everyone is obligated to refuse / stop unsafe work.
- Our work environment impacts safety performance.
- All employees need to lead by example.
- Our leaders are responsible for the safety and engagement of their teams.
- We can achieve Safe Production.
- Working safely is a condition of employment
Life Saving rules:
- Control of Work: You must verify that equipment has been completely isolated and locked out before starting work.
- Working at Heights: You must have proper fall protection and training to work at heights.
- Hoisting and Rigging: You must have proper training, tag lines, load rating and ribboning before operating hoisting equipment.
- Hazard Assessment and Safe Work Planning: You must complete a hazard assessment and a safe work plan before starting work.
- Equipment and Tools: You must use the proper tools for the job and be trained in their use.
- Personal Conduct: You must conduct yourself in accordance with our policies and procedures.