As part of the Project, TransAlta will engage with local landowners, Indigenous Communities, stakeholder groups, and other interested parties throughout the Project planning process.
Feedback gathered has assisted the Project team in determining a preferred route and alternate routes for the transmission line.
The following goals have been identified as part of our Project engagement:
- Inform potentially interested parties of the Project and where public input can be used for decision making;
- Provide mechanisms for open two-way discussions;
- Address concerns and answer questions;
- Provide various mechanisms to get information and share feedback;
- Share how feedback was considered in decision making;
- Discuss and receive feedback on mitigation measures for potential impacts; and
- Strengthen relationships with participants and interested parties.
If you have an interest in speaking to a Project team member, please contact us by phone at 1-844-391-2615 or by email at email@example.com
At a Glance
- Location: MD of Willow Creek, 20km south of Fort Macleod
- Technology: 138,000 volts
- Length: 21km
If you have any questions or wish to discuss the Windrise Transmission Project, please contact us:
Alberta Electric System Operator (Project need)
Alberta Utilities Commission (Regulatory process)